The Buccaneers are expected to sign a defender as they reinforce their squad ahead of the new campaign which is set to start next month.
Orlando Pirates are reportedly set to offload more players ahead the new 2018/19 Premier Soccer League (PSL) season.
The Soweto giants are busy revamping their squad in anticipation of a grueling campaign which will see the team participate in five major tournaments.
On Friday, the Soweto giants announced the departure of central midfielder Thamsanqa Sangweni, who has rejoined his former side, Chippa United on a permanent deal.
Chippa also revealed that they have signed Ghanaian attacking midfielder Bernard Morrison and veteran full-back Thabo Matlaba from Pirates.
City Press has now disclosed that the trio are not the only ones being shipped out by the Buccaneers.
Striker Ayanda Nkosi, Senegalese midfielder Issa Sarr and goalkeeper Jackson Mabokgwane, who have all fallen out of favour at Bucs, are reportedly set to leave the Houghton-based club.
"Pirates chair Irvin Khoza said striker Ayanda Nkosi and Senegalese midfielder Issa Sarr were also shown the door," a report in City Press read.
"The Buccaneers were also in contact with Cape Town City for the services of goalkeeper Jackson Mabokgwane," it added.
"City missed out on the services of another former Pirates goalkeeper, Brighton Mhlongo, who opted to join Bidvest Wits last month," the publication reported.
Meanwhile, Pirates are said to be in the process of beefing up their squad with the signing Brazilian central defender Caio Marcelo.
The 20-year-old player, who was on the books of Brazilian Serie A side Vasco Da Gama last season, has been on trial at the Soweto giants.
Recent reports have indicated Pirates head coach Milutin Sredojevic has been impressed by Marcelo.