The net around the Reiger Park killings has tightened again.
A 27-year-old man was arrested in Ekurhuleni on Wednesday over the shooting that claimed the lives of two Anti-Gang Unit officers and two civilians earlier this month. He is the third person to be identified and charged in the case.
He is expected to stand in the dock at the Boksburg Magistrate's Court on Friday.
The Four Who Died
The killings happened in Reiger Park on 7 August.
Two of the dead were Anti-Gang Unit officers — Constable Thapelo Tlomatsana, 29, and Constable Sphiwe Sibeko, 28.
The other two were civilians: Roleen Lessing and Jaydin Margerman.
An Intelligence-Driven Operation
The Hawks said the latest arrest came out of an intelligence-driven operation by its Serious Organised Crime Investigation team based in Germiston.
"The latest arrest brings to three the number of suspects who have been identified and charged in connection with the killings," Hawks spokesperson Colonel Katlego Mogale said in a statement on Thursday.
The new suspect faces charges similar to those already laid against his co-accused. In the same statement, the Hawks noted something else — one of the accused is reportedly related to him.
Acting Hawks national head Lieutenant-General Sphesihle Nkosi praised his investigators for a swift and methodical operation.
"The Hawks will remain steadfast in our efforts to investigate and apprehend those who involve themselves in taking innocent lives, particularly the lives of our law enforcement officers," Nkosi said.
The Three Accused
| Name | Arrest | Status | |
|---|---|---|---|
| First | Reagan Cheslin Collis, 23 | First arrest | Alleged gunman; held at Modderbee prison for security reasons |
| Second | Jamal Meyer | 16 August | Appeared in Boksburg Magistrate's Court; alleges police assault |
| Third | Unnamed man, 27 | Wednesday, Ekurhuleni | Due in court Friday; reportedly related to a co-accused |
Assault Claims From The Second Accused
Jamal Meyer's first court appearance came just days before this latest arrest.
Through his lawyer, Meyer alleged that he had been assaulted by police and that he was experiencing chest pains. The State did not formally oppose him being medically assessed.
The Alleged Shooter
Police have been clear about who they believe pulled the trigger.
They say 23-year-old Reagan Cheslin Collis, the first man arrested in the case, is the alleged gunman.
He is being held at Modderbee prison for security reasons and faces a long charge sheet — four counts of murder, attempted murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances, and charges relating to the possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition.
He remains in custody while the investigation continues.
More Arrests Possible
Authorities say the case is far from closed. Investigators are still working to establish exactly what happened on 7 August — and whether anyone else was involved.








