Home General News Verulam Residents Furious As Men Allegedly Turn Cemetery Into Porn Hotspot

Verulam Residents Furious As Men Allegedly Turn Cemetery Into Porn Hotspot

0

Residents living near the Wick Street Local Cemetery in Verulam, KwaZulu-Natal, say they have had enough after allegedly witnessing men masturbating on graves while watching pornographic videos.

The disturbing complaints have reportedly been continuing since January 2026, with residents claiming that different men visit the cemetery during the day and evening to engage in indecent acts on or around graves and tombstones.

Reaction Unit South Africa (RUSA) received multiple complaints about the alleged behaviour after local security and cleaning company Project 360 contacted its headquarters on Monday morning. The company requested assistance following repeated complaints from people living in a nearby block of flats.

Residents reportedly told RUSA that as many as four different men had been seen engaging in the alleged acts on an almost daily basis. Some residents also claimed that the sound from the pornographic videos could be heard by children living in surrounding residential complexes.

The complaints have left people living near the Verulam Central Business District deeply disturbed. The cemetery is surrounded by homes and other buildings, meaning residents say the alleged behaviour is not hidden from the public and can take place within sight and hearing of people nearby.

Alleged Acts Reportedly Continue

According to the complaints received by RUSA, the men allegedly stand on or lie on graves and tombstones while watching pornographic videos on their phones. Residents claim the individuals have visited the cemetery at different times throughout the day and evening.

The alleged behaviour has reportedly continued even after municipal workers and members of the public tried to chase the men away. Residents say the individuals return to the cemetery after being removed and allegedly resume their activities.

Some of the alleged incidents have reportedly taken place in full view of members of the public. This has added to the anger among people living near the cemetery, who say they should not have to worry about children hearing explicit audio or seeing indecent behaviour from their homes.

RUSA said the individuals are reportedly of different races and have been visiting the cemetery at various times. The organisation did not identify the men, and the allegations have not resulted in any names being released publicly.

The complaints have also raised concerns about the difficulty of monitoring an open cemetery throughout the day. With the alleged incidents taking place at different times, residents say the men have been able to return when they believe no one is watching.

Drone Patrols Planned

RUSA has now announced that its drone pilot will conduct regular aerial patrols over the cemetery. Reaction officers will be sent to the area when required.

The planned patrols are expected to help security personnel monitor parts of the cemetery that may be difficult to watch from the ground. The aerial checks will also allow officers to respond more quickly if residents report that the alleged behaviour is taking place again.

Project 360 contacted RUSA after receiving repeated complaints from residents in the nearby flats. The involvement of a local security and cleaning company shows that the issue has become a regular concern for people who live and work around the cemetery.

Residents have reportedly tried to deal with the problem themselves by calling out the alleged offenders and chasing them away. However, their efforts have not stopped the individuals from allegedly returning.

The latest response means the cemetery will now receive closer attention from the air, while reaction officers remain ready to attend when necessary. Residents hope the increased monitoring will prevent the alleged incidents from continuing in public view.

A Cemetery At The Centre Of Complaints

The Wick Street Local Cemetery is situated in the Verulam CBD, close to residential buildings and busy public areas. Residents say the location makes the alleged behaviour especially upsetting because people are exposed to it without their consent.

The complaints are not about a private dispute between individuals. They concern alleged conduct taking place at a public cemetery where families visit the graves of loved ones and municipal workers carry out their duties.

Residents say the alleged use of graves and tombstones during the incidents has caused additional anger. For many families, a cemetery is a place to remember and honour relatives. The reports of men allegedly using the site for sexual activity have therefore been met with outrage.

The fact that the complaints have reportedly continued for months has also increased frustration in the area. Residents claim the incidents started in January and have continued despite attempts to remove the men from the cemetery.

The alleged offenders have reportedly appeared at different times, making it difficult for residents to know when they may return. The reports that up to four different men have been seen at the cemetery have added to the concern among people living nearby.

RUSA’s planned drone patrols are now the main action announced in response to the complaints. Reaction officers are expected to be dispatched when the patrols or residents identify activity requiring intervention.

For now, residents remain on alert around the Wick Street Local Cemetery. They want the alleged behaviour to stop and are calling for the site to be treated with the dignity expected of a place where people have been laid to rest.

The new aerial patrols will put the cemetery under closer watch, but the message from the surrounding community is clear: the graves are not a place for indecent acts, and residents do not want their children exposed to alleged sexual behaviour on their doorstep.


Latest Gossip News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Latest Gossip News via email.