Prominent Ukhozi FM breakfast presenter Khathide 'Tshatha' Ngobe has allegedly fathered a child outside of his marriage.
According to a close family relative of the woman, who hails from Jozini, Ngobe even honoured the woman's family in December.
"He really adores her because he paid lobola for her. The problem is that his wife has no clue about his new baby and the new girl. It is as if he is living a double life and he knows that his church, wife and family won't approve," the relative said.
The woman could not be reached for comment.
According to the source, Ngobe called the woman on Friday, warning her to expect a call from City Press and saying that she shouldn't talk to the newspaper.
Ngobe's phone was off when attempts to contact him were made on Friday.
The source said: "Tshatha stays with his wife in Morningside, but he has housed the lady at a secure home and makes sure that she is taken care of."
Ngobe is traditionally married to actress and businessperson Sibongimpilo Sikhosana.
The pair concluded their traditional marriage rites last year with lobola, but could not have an official celebration due to the Covid-19 lockdown. They have two children together.
Sikhosana did not respond to messages sent to her.
Ukhozi FM management has concluded the matter with Ngobe and a decision has been made that [he] will remain off air until the end of March 2021.
Another source who is a close friend of Ngobe's said the embattled radio host would sort out his family affairs as soon as he had fixed issues with his employers.
"This is not good because you guys know that he is currently being investigated at work and now this will make matters worse.
"Can't you guys give him some time until the end of April so that he can sort out the work things, then he can talk to you properly after he has informed his family?" the source pleaded.
Ngobe is currently suspended from his duties at the public broadcaster following controversial remarks he made on social media early this year, when he claimed that Ukhozi FM's song of the year selection process was corrupt.
"Ukhozi FM management has concluded the matter with Ngobe and a decision has been made that [he] will remain off air until the end of March 2021," SABC acting spokesperson Mmoni Seapolelo said last month.
A report on the investigation by the public broadcaster is expected at the end of this month.
Meanwhile, the station is expected to make some changes when it announces a new line-up next month.
Rumours have been making the rounds that popular media personality Sizwe Dhlomo is tipped to replace Ngobe.