This comes after the surfacing of an alleged rape in 2009 first threatened the footballer’s reputation last week.
Following the surfacing of a rape allegation against footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, with former US model Kathryn Mayorga accusing him of having raped her in 2009, three other women have come forward with allegations against the star considered among the best footballers in the world, Mail Online reports.
One of these allegations comes from a woman who accuses Ronaldo of raping her after a party, another from a woman who says the football star “hurt” her, with a third coming from a woman who says she signed a non-disclosure agreement with him in 2009 over an incident the details of which are not yet known.
Mayorga was also involved in the signing of a non-disclosure agreement, leading to her keeping quiet about the alleged rape for many years, but she decided to break her silence after her current lawyer, Leslie Mark Stovall, who was not working for her at the time of the incident, challenged the legal validity of the statement.
Stovall now says he is probing the claims of the three other women.
“I have had a call from a woman who claims to have had a similar experience [to Mayorga],” Leslie Stovall said on Sunday, later telling the Sun he was attempting to verify the information.
Ronaldo has denied Mayorga’s allegations, calling them “fake news”.
“Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in,” he said last week.
Ronaldo’s denial came as lawyers for his accuser said they had obtained damning correspondence between the footballer and his legal team.
The case has threatened the reputation of the Portuguese superstar, arguably currently the world’s best footballer, with Las Vegas police this week saying they would reopen their file on the matter.
“I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me,” he tweeted in Portuguese and English.
“My clear conscious (sic) will thereby allow me to await with tranquility the results of any and all investigations,” he added on his Twitter feed @Cristiano, which has nearly 75 million followers.
Mayorga, 34, of Las Vegas, accused 33-year-old Ronaldo, in a 32-page lawsuit filed last month with a district court in Nevada, of raping her on June 13, 2009.
Complicating matters, Jacinto Rivera, a spokesman for the Las Vegas police, told AFP Mayorga did not identify Ronaldo by name at the time of her complaint and was “uncooperative.”
Mayorga’s lawsuit, however, said she had then named the footballer to police “within weeks of the initial report”.