We are looking for a Medical Secretary to join our clients thriving practice
Highly organised with administrative experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
• Attention to detail
• Accurate and quick data input
P C literate with competency in Microsoft applications
• Excellent telephone manner
• Can do, positive and empathetic approach to working
Duties will include but not limited to the following:
• To courteously and efficiently receive all telephone enquiries from patients in relation to hospital admissions, appointments and general enquiries, ensuring that accurate records, both manual and electronic, are maintained and appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
• Type, from audio-dictation, hand-written or word processed sources, clinical reports, discharge summaries and all correspondence to patients, healthcare professionals
• To receive and process all incoming correspondence, paper and electronic, ensuring it reaches the appropriate place within the required deadlines.
• Maintain an accurate and up to date filing system (manual and electronic), ensuring accuracy of patient details/ notes.
• Attend meetings relevant to the role as required.
• To order and maintain stationary/ materials
• To process confidential patient-sensitive documentation to and from patients, other healthcare professionals and Medical Aids
• Ensure copies of letters, discharge summaries etc reach the appropriate people within the agreed timeframe, by expediting communications by all other appropriate means.
• Deal with patient requests / concerns promptly to prevent the hand off of the request to other areas, escalating concerns or complaints to the appropriate Manager
• Action any change in patient’s personal details, ensuring electronic data is kept up to date.
R30000 with full Benefits, perks and Bonus
Please send applications to : 086 608 3103
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your profile will be kept on our database and we will connect with you with any other suitable roles or positions.