R1 million for Mzansi's 10 babies – Couple reveals they now have 16 children

0
Loading...

A South African couple who set a new world record by giving birth to 10 babies this week has received a R1 million donation from philanthropist Dr Iqbal Survé.

Dad Tebogo Tsotetsi, from Tembisa Township in Ekurhuleni, was in Cape Town on Tuesday as a guest of the businessman, who has offered his brood of 10 newborns and six other children including a set of twins R1 million.

Dr Survé congratulated the father of 16 on his latest addition to his family at his offices at the Waterfront.

Loading...

“They are extremely special, at one go the nation has received a gift which we truly treasure and with all such gifts it’s important that we put in place systems, resources of support for the family. They are living with humble origins,” said Survé.

“My family foundation, Survé Philanthropies, has informed Tebogo and the family that we’re providing substantial resources to them to help them through this wonderful but challenging time from the point of view of the babies.

“They will require good health care and education, food and proper accommodation.

“We are going to be dividing R1 million over a period of time and various other support services.”

Survé also announced that the foundation is helping the family with a trust through lawyers where South Africans can donate through the trust.

Pretoria News’ editor Piet Rampedi exclusively broke the story of the decuplets on Tuesday after mom Goisame Thamara, 37, gave birth at a private hospital in Pretoria the night before.

An emotional Tebogo, who is a very private person, said: “I’m overwhelmed and I am happy, I’ve been asking myself how did God choose me to make an example especially during these trying times of Covid.

“I feel blessed and appreciate the support I have received and I have also noted the social media people were initially happy and then suddenly thought we are frauds and that the babies don’t exist, but they do.”

Unemployed Tebogo tells the Daily Voice his seven boys and three girl babies are still going to be in hospital for at least three months.

“As you are aware, the doctors have not shared anything about them because they know the sensitivity of this kind, and this is a very unique situation.

“The kids are there (in hospital) and they are still incubated as they were born prematurely. I am giving the doctors their space, they know better.

Of his wife, who is a retail manager, he says: “Their mother is recovering well, she had given natural birth to five and a Caesarean section to the rest. She was in a wheelchair but now she is walking on crutches.”

South Africa will see the babies “when the time is right”, he added.

Rampedi says he met the couple last year and only did the interview with them in April but he had to hold the story for safety and cultural reasons.

“We had been in contact with the family and were extensively in their lives in February where we would also drive them to the doctor’s appointment,” he said

“I worked with Thobile Mathonsi, she was always with me and she managed to keep the story private until the couple gave birth on Monday.”

– Dailyvoice


Latest Gossip News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Latest Gossip News via email.

Loading...