LATEST: Former president Jacob Zuma's life at risk

0
Loading...

The Jacob Zuma Foundation reports the statement following reports the former president kept Gaddafi’s millions at his Nkandla home.

Former president Jacob Zuma said his life was at risk following reports alleging he had agreed to keep the late Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi’s millions in safekeeping at his Nkandla compound, Isolezwe reports.

The publication reports that Zuma was responding to questions following media reports that Gaddafi allegedly gave an estimated $30 million (worth about R422 million) to South Africa’s former president for personal safekeeping in case the Libyan leader was captured and would need legal representation, as well as to look after Gaddafi’s family.

Loading...

Zuma allegedly later sent the money to Eswatini’s King Mswati, who reportedly confirmed last week in a meeting with President Cyril Ramaphosa that he had it. He had earlier allegedly denied this during Ramaphosa’s state visit to Eswatini at the start of March.

The Jacob Zuma foundation told the Durban-based publication that the former president would take action against the reports.

It was reported on Tuesday that Zuma was set to sue the Sunday Times over the “Gaddafi’s missing millions” story.

The publication quoted a statement issued by the Jacob Zuma Foundation in which it said the Sunday Times had for some time reported falsehoods about Zuma.

The statement further accused the weekly publication of doing what “others from foreign countries do who want to put” Zuma’s life at risk by spreading these reports.

Business Insider reported that the former SA president risks going to jail and facing US sanctions if the allegations over Gaddafi’s millions are true.

– Citizen


Latest Gossip News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Latest Gossip News via email.

Loading...