Cassper Nyovest's #FillUpMosesMabhida musical concert faces threat, to be cancelled soon

0

They are counting down the days to #FillUpMosesMabhida . . . But Cassper Nyovest’s most anticipated event of the year is facing a “radical” threat!

This comes as the Federation for Radical Economic Transformation (FFRET) is trying to put a stop to the event. Cassper has promised to give Durbanites one of the best concerts they’ve ever seen. But the FFRET is ready to turn down the volume. The federation says they won’t let eThekwini Municipality spend taxpayers’ money on an artist from outside KwaZulu-Natal.

“When we heard he [Cassper] was planning to hold his show at Moses Mabhida Stadium, we were certain the municipality would fund him. We couldn’t allow that to happen, especially because we have so many artists who need funding from the municipality, but can’t get any,” said the federation’s Vice President Skho Khumalo.

In July, news of the municipality giving Cassper R56 million for his #FillUpMosesMabhidaStadium gig was all over social media. The municipality was quick to quash the rumours, and dismissed them as “fabricated news” of a “malicious” nature. At the time, the municipality said no agreement had been reached between itself, Cassper and his team nor had any funding support for the event been finalised.

But the FFRET was not convinced. They set up a meeting with eThekwini municipal manager, Sipho Nzuza, to get to the bottom of the matter.

“Nzuza told us that according to his knowledge, the show is not happening. “We’re now surprised to see Cassper Nyovest’s post on social media advertising the event and even announcing the date,” said Skho.

The FFRET says it makes no sense that they weren’t made aware of the event from the beginning, since they held several meetings with eThekwini Municipality. Skho said if the event goes ahead, they will be left with no choice but to get radical.

“Cassper Nyovest is already an established artist, whereas there are artists who still need exposure. We want these artists to get the platform that Cassper is getting from the municipality. We can’t allow the municipality to use taxpayers’ money to fund artists from outside KZN, while local artists are suffering,” said Skho.

Nzuza said he was not aware that Cassper was coming to Durban to host an event.

“Nyovest is a well–known artist. As the city manager, I would have known if he is hosting a show here in Durban. I am not saying he is not, maybe he is in another capacity that I am not aware of. Please contact Thembinkosi Ngcobo, who is the municpality’s head of parks and recreation. Maybe he has knowledge regarding this matter,” said Nzuza.

But Ngcobo could not be reached for comment, as he did not answer his phone.

When the SunTeam approached Cassper’s manager, Lerato “TLee” Moiloa, he refused to comment.

“No comment, my sister,” is all he said when Sunday Sun pressed him for answers.

*This is Cassper Nyovest’s fourth #FillUp concert.

– Sunday Sun


Latest Gossip News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Latest Gossip News via email.

Loading...