Somizi Mhlongo is a South African celebrity choreographer, singer, actor and television personality known for his flamboyant appearances on television shows.
Here are facts things you didn’t know about Somizi Mhlongo:
1. Somizi was born in Soweto, Gauteng.
2. He was born in 1972.
3. He is the son of veteran actress Mary Twala and the late actor Ndaba Mhlongo.
4. He had a daughter with former lover Palesa Madisekwane.
5. His daughter Lehlohonolo Bahumi is 21 years old.
6. He acted in Mbongeni Ngema’s musical, “Sarafina!”.
7. Somizi started his acting career at the age of 6.
8. Somizi is the fourth judge of SA Idols season 11.
9. Somizi has worked with many high-profile, award-winning international musicians like R Kelly and Shakira at the 2010 FIFA World Cup opening ceremony.
10. He is BFF’s with Bonang Matheba.
11. Somizi was heart broken last year when his lover Themba Zuma cheated on him with a woman.
12. 22 years ago he fathered a child with actress Palesa Mocuminyane, he had this to say: “When I fathered a child I already knew I was not a straight guy. I did everything knowing very well I was gay. I could have been bisexual but definitely not straight.”