Kelly Khumalo is a South African singer and actress. Khumalo is from Spruitview in the East Rand. On 26 October 2014, her boyfriend Senzo Meyiwa captain of the South Africa men’s national football team and club side Orlando Pirates with whom she has a child was shot dead in her presence at her family’s home in Vosloorus. She became even more popular following Senzo’s death. Police sources have revealed to the media in unofficial interviews that Kelly is also a suspect in Senzo Meyiwa’s death.
In case you don’t know much about Kelly, here’s a bit of inside info to get you up-to-date.
1. Google says Kelly Khumalo was born on the “rural outskirts of Nquthu, KwaZulu-Natal in 1984”. She is a single mother of two (and still counting) who she had with two different celebrities.
2. She was first discovered in 2003 when she performed at a Gospel Star search.
3. She was named the Best Newcomer of 2005 in the Afro Pop music circuit.
4. Like Britney Spears, Ms Khumalo had an ace up her sleeve when she arrived on the scene. She claimed she was a virgin. It was a time when men were raping young virgin girls in the misguided belief that their actions would cure their Aids.
5. During those early years, the alleged virgin performed in a concert wearing no panties. It is clear from the pictures that, while lifting her leg during the performance, Kelly Khumalo was well aware of the fact that the photographer was capturing her nudity. South Africa Latest News is in possession of the said photo which clearly shows Kelly Khumalo’s shaven VAG!NA.
6. In terms of television, Khumalo had a successful stint on Rhythm City in 2007 and, more recently, Rolling with Kelly Khumalo which was commissioned soon after her public break-up with Jub Jub Maarohanye.
7. This was precipitated when she appeared in a fur coat and sunglasses at the first hearing of the Jub Jub murder case. Her attire suggested no remorse over the fact that four children had died because of her boyfriend’s reckless driving. Instead, the songstress seemed more interested in portraying to the media that she was as glamorous and as cool as her corn-rowed rapper boyfriend and baby daddy.
8. When she realised that there was no way out for Jub Jub she told the media that Jub Jub beat her and that she and him used illegal narcotics on a regular basis thereby publicly confessing that she was a drug addict.
9. She also released an autobiography about her life – The Kelly Khumalo Story, penned by Melinda Ferguson with Sarah Setlaelo – which, by all accounts, was a disinterested flop.
10. She won the MTN Best Female Artist award in May 2013, at the 19th South African Music Awards (SAMA) held at Sun City,
11. She became an advocate against domestic violence, after speaking out about being in an abusive relationship.
12. In 2009, she claimed that she miscarried her first child with the incarcerated singer, JubJub, due to the stress she suffered because of his cheating ways, before controversial music promoter Prosper Mkwaiwa admitted, during an interview in 2010, that she also lost their baby. Prosper however, died over the weekend and has become the second ex-boyfriend for Kelly Khumalo to die. This in turn means that Kelly Khumalo was impregnated by three different celebrities though she only gave birth twice.
13. Kelly Khumalo had a successful role on Rhythm City in 2007. She also starred in her own reality show called Rolling with Kelly Khumalo.
14. Senzo reportedly dumped the controversial songbird in February last year because of her fondness for flaunting her growing belly, which she brazenly exposed during the Just Curious Awards.
15. She was about to get married to the late South Africa national football team Bafana Bafana captain and Orlando Pirates goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa when he was shot dead. Millions of people still believe Kelly is behind the death of Senzo.