Broke SA celebrities cry foul as government bans gatherings of more than 100 people

0
Loading...

ON Sunday evening, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced that gatherings of more than 100 people would be banned due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Some of Mzansi's favourite stars have shared how the situation was affecting them.

Dancer and entertainer Zodwa Wabantu said seven promoters had already called her to cancel bookings.

Loading...

'This is affecting me a lot as promoters have been cancelling. Among the events cancelled was one on 2 May in Botswana',she said.

Gospel legend Sipho Makhabane said he was also postponing his annual Mpumalanga Pre-Easter Prayer event.

'The event was supposed to be on 4 April but we will move it to May, depending on the situation. The event is usually to pray against accidents, gender-based violence and drug abuse. This year, we will add this virus to the list', he said.

Singer Rethabile Khumalo

said it was a big blow. 'It is going to affect many artists greatly because performing at events is the only way we put food on the table.

House DJ Ganyani had this to say, 'Although the announcement would affect artists, safety had to come first. Yes, this prohibition is going to affect us but we should prioritise our safety as human beings. We must also think of other people within our communities such as the elderly, who won't come to the events but will end up being affected," he said.

DJ Sphectacula from duo King Of The Weekend said he hoped artists were saving money. This has been in the news for a while now and eventually, we knew it would come to Mzansi.

Events in other countries were stopped and that should have made artists save. But I do empathise with those who work as bouncers and cleaners at events, he said.


Latest Gossip News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Latest Gossip News via email.

Loading...