Sjava finally speaks on rape allegations, Angry fans want to thoroughly beat up Lady Zamar

0
Loading...

Musician Sjava has denied raping Lady Zamar.
In a statement released by his record label Ambitiouz yesterday, Sjava refuted the rape allegation and also hinted that Lady Zamar might have opened the rape case against him in a bid to evade the defamation lawsuit he filed against her in the Johannesburg High Court after claiming on social media that he sexually violated and abused her.

“Ukokqla angimdlwengulanga u Lady Zamar. I did not rape her,” said Sjava who was yesterday pulled off the line up of artists scheduled to perform at the Cape Town International Jazz festival by the organisers as a result of the case.

He said the problem started in October 2019 when she made the accusation on twitter after his One Night With Sjava Show on October 27 last year.

Loading...

He said on November 1 he sent a letter of demand to her manager requesting her to retract the false accusation but she ignored it.

He further said on November 13 his lawyers served a summons on her from the Johannesburg High Court demanding that she retract the statement.

He said instead the Collide hitmaker opened a case of rape against him on November 14 in Pretoria . He said he was only contacted by police from Thohoyandou on December 5 who questioned him about the alleged rape.

“I gave my statement. They also got some statements from the witnesses who were with us going to , during and coming back from the trip,” reads the statement.

Sjava said his lawyers sent Lady Zamar’s discovery of notice to her lawyers informing them of the lawsuit trial on February 24 this year.

See the full statement below:

Lady Zamar, through her PR manager Kim Sineke, declined to comment.

Future Kings – a mentorship initiative aimed at training teenage boys to responsible manhood – welcomed Sjava's removal from the festival line-up.

"Future Kings also condemns the horde of Sjava's fans who have gone out on a tirade to attack, insult and even threaten Lady Zamar for laying a charge of rape.

"This is an unfortunate indicator of how sexual violence is still trivialised in South Africa," Rams Mabote, chief volunteer officer at Future Kings, said in a statement.

"We further commend Lady Zamar for taking this stand. We acknowledge how difficult [it is] for many women to come out and admit being raped and subsequently lay charges, especially if the alleged rape was committed by their partner."

celebgossip.co.za

-Sundayworld


Latest Gossip News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Latest Gossip News via email.

Loading...