4 Popular celebs hospitalized after eating food laced with worms at Durban Hotel


THE food tasted delicious.

But artists claim the yummy, slimy taste came from worms in their food.


The artists apparently were hospitalized and treated for food poisoning.

“We were eating when we saw worms coming out of an artist’s mouth,” said artist Thokozani Zulu, also known as Tzozo.

“We checked our food and it was full of worms!”

This apparently happened at the Elangeni Hotel in Durban, at a conference held by the Cultural and Creative Industries Federation of South Africa on Sunday and Monday.

Tzozo said after eating the food fellow artists started to puke and others had sore tummies.

“We were rushed to Addington Hospital,” said the upset kwaito singer.

Afro soul singer Mondli Ngcobo apparently puked and felt weak. “My stomach hurt and my whole body was aching. Maybe worms added to the taste,” he claimed.

“How could a luxury hotel serve us such food?” said Tzozo.

Actor claimed: “Had we not received help immediately, maybe we’d be dead by now!”


Federation president and actor Tony Kgoroge claimed hotel management had admitted there were worms in the food.

But Tsogo Sun’s Neo Mboniswa said: “Southern Sun Elangeni can confirm that an isolated incident was brought to our attention after a worm was found on one plate of food during a conference.

“The hotel follows a very strict food safety management programme, which includes frequent food safety audits by an external company to ensure we adhere to and maintain the highest standards.

“The matter is currently under investigation by the relevant authorities.”

KZN health spokeswoman Ncumisa Mafunda said Addington Hospital treated 22 patients in the casualty unit for suspected food poisoning.

Lieutenant-Colonel Thulani Zwane said an inquiry was opened for investigation at Durban Central Police Station.



Latest Gossip News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Latest Gossip News via email.